Monday, March 16, 2009

Great Balls of Fire

I designed lights in my sleep last night. My unconscious mind kept running through the show while I assessed what colors and intensity would best suit the mood. I think about it even now while editing art videos. I wish I could have actually designed this show but instead I'm caught somewhere in between not having the time or skills to design the show and some other nether region of design/board operation.

The director came here today to record some stuff with Zach and I told him I thought he might have to be really specific with the lighting guy about what he wants and expects. I think Bruce (lighting guy) is super skilled and is willing to do anything but just might need to be herded a wee bit.

After I said it all too him I'm now worried I don't have my reality exact and this will all backfire into some weird ball of conflict. Conflict, which is a thing I avoid at all possible cost.

Sometimes dealing with people is slippery. There are currents over here of actions and intentions and then over there there are other currents with other actions and intentions and you're just standing in the middle going, "Huh?"

1 comment: