Friday, March 13, 2009

Finger Pops

Today was the first bike ride of the season. Nine miles in each direction. I've made it half. We'll see about making it home. I'm realizing that my body has a very specific reaction to a type of over heating. I get really angry at myself. It's happened a few times while jogging with Zach. I think it's a winter condition. We'll be going along and suddenly I find myself just angry. And it's a particular type of anger completely directed inward. I don't think I'm moving fast enough or I feel like my shins and knees are failing me. But then I take off my sweater and while yes I'm still not going fast and yes my shins still hurt, I'm not so vehement.

This happened this morning while riding. I also got a strange kick of nausea with the overheating as well. But sweater removal and some cool air in the lungs fixed it all. The body is a strange strange land.

Also in body heat science, I forget that after morning rides I spend the rest of the day cold. I'll have the heat blasting on full and yet I won't stop shivering until around 2. But that somehow makes sense. Getting really angry b/c my organs are on fire..well that makes less sense.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard for me to exercise outside in the winter. Breathing in all that cold air is hard on my lungs. Plus I hate the feeling of having a hot middle (sweaters), and a freezing face. Yes, I have issues.

    ReplyDelete