Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Year 28 Goals Reviewed (month 1)

It's been only a little over a month since my birthday. It feels as if more time has passed. Am I sure I'm not a month off? This is still March, right?

I'll have to trust that it is still indeed March and take a look at the goals a little over a month out.

1. Pay $1500 in school loans- I'm waaaaay behind on this and kind of forgot about it. I suppose that's why I'm trying to check in once a month.

2. Create at least $500 cushion in bank account
Right now I have it but it's more like savings for the NYC trip.

3. Attain 2 octave singing scale
Picture me driving down the road with a foot and a half long pink Disney Princess electronic melody keyboard next me testing my range. The thing is a mound of Disney pink and yellow with gobs of swirls and flowers. But it cost under 20 bucks and I can keep it at work to practice voice. AND I proved on the way to the gym that I can sing 3 Fs. Low.Med.High. I can vocalize words on the low F. Not so sure if I could sing words on the high F but I'll continue to work on this.

4. Audition for a musical - Cross this baby off!

5. Finish writing 1 song with accompaniment. (Guitar and/or piano)- Have been really lax on this. Haven't even been thinking about writing music. I have, however, been thinking I'd love to learn to play Jazz on the piano. How cool would it be to be able to accompany yourself while singing. (That might be a rhetorical question in that I can't sing on key in front of people. *cough*)

6. Send 5 birthday cards- ON TIME
Can I count my Dad's? I didn't send it to him but he got it by his birthday. This so far has been the best of the bunch. I normally make a ton of cards every year but rarely do I focus on birthdays, which is a really (REALLY) fun theme. And really though this has encouraged me to not just make them but actually send them. That is the real kicker most times. THAT is where I get hung up. Yay little number 6.

7. Send cards for one holiday- ON TIME- Was going to be Easter but that was overly optimistic. I might start finishing Halloween cards this summer and have them ready for fall.

8. Pursue art/design/craft/collage: figure out specifics and how to gauge- Haven't yet considered how to guage.

9. Get through 5 drafts of 3 shorts total (includes at least 3 people writing comments on each draft.)- I've got initial drafts for the first two and nothing for the third. When I hit draft 2 I might start sending them out for critiques. Prepare yourselves.

10. Learn Flash
I'm on Chapter 3 or something of the book. I'm still maneuvering basic principles but this program is going to be great for me.

11. Design and do photoshoot.- Not even considering this yet, although I've warned my model(s) and began gathering inspiration from random stuff on the web.

12. Direct music video.- No progress. That's fine

13. Shoot a short. Well if I get my act together on #9 we can progress here. Have, at least, established three minis for this summer to shoot.


14. Write, create, shoot, edit super short stop motion- Barney is half built and waiting on my shelf. Have a ton to do to prep for this but it's where it needs to be on the back burner until #16 is the hell out of the way.

15. write, shoot, edit 1 CCP review for YouTube. - I've got a quarter of this entire process finished. I watched the video and did artwork. This is on backburner until #16 and Chicago are over.

16. Edit CCP vid under craftcat brand. I'm working on it and there is a SERIOUS deadline looming. I'll be so happy when this is finished.

17. Learn to cook 5 vegan entrees. I LOVE CHEESE!

18. No bed piles. So far so mostly good. I've even had a clean night stand for 2 days. Tonight I'll clean off the receits that have started to gather there and will be set to go.

19. Learn congressional committee chairs and cabinet members. I hate politics. I keep forgetting I want to do this. Hmmm....

20. Take on an entrepreneurial project. (I have a super simple one in mind but not ready to go into details.) Not even in stage 1 yet.

21. Call/write my Grandmother once a month. Yep. I've done well with this thus far. Must keep it going.

22. Thank You cards for birthday presents. - GAH!

23. 200 lines of calligraphy a day (this isn't much considering a lowercase "a" has 3.) (*added March 5) I bailed on this some 5 days after I wrote it down. Basically I want to learn calligraphy. I don't know if I'll practice everyday...although to be fair, that's how you learn something.

This was good for me to do, and I think I'll try to once a month.
Review over!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I should really do this too. Also . . . am I still in "model" category? Even if I am just an extra? I miss filming or well, being in it and yes, helping with it . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yeah! You are definitely in "model" category!!

    ReplyDelete