Monday, December 14, 2009

First Weekend Success

Four days off. Four. Glorious. Days. It's going to be hard to pull this back together on Friday night. We're not having a pick up rehearsal, which means I need to run through my lines at least once a night.

We've had great audiences and have not quiet yet made it through seamless, but we're doing a good job. Some areas are stronger than others. But that's how it goes. Normally I'm just not on stage the entire time to see it.

A few people have said that they've liked this show more than Memory of Water. It made me realize that I liked Memory of Water more b/c I got to play a fantastic character. That I was gauging the play from an acting standpoint. In this show, I don't have the fun characters. (Or the ones that really get the laughs.) As one friend pointed out, I'm the straight man in a lot of my scenes. But that's OK. We don't all get to be the funny person every show. And in this show, the woman who has some of those roles, does such a good job with them I'm not even envious. Weird right?

No comments:

Post a Comment