Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Count Down

Tonight was fun. Fun like it should be. People were on. The mood was good. There was a camaraderie thick in the room. We were in it and we were in it together.

This show has been a slow build. For whatever reasons (and I do have theories) our bonding has been slower. Our sense of freedom on stage has been late blooming. But tonight I felt it. We were lost in our characters. People were trying new things as only people who really know their characters can try. It was refreshing and lovely and about fucking time.

So yes. We have only 2 more rehearsals until we open. Open on a night where the weather is threatening freezing rain. And for the first time I'm really excited to share this with people. Get them in the seats and see where they laugh. See where we can take them. And I'm still not certain it's the best show in the world, but I am certain that I really admire the women I'm sharing the journey with. Really eager to stand in a line with them when the lights come up and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment