Thursday, December 24, 2009

Goals: 10 month review

We're creeping up into New Years, and it's hard for me not to jump on the resolution bandwagon. (I LOVE resolutions!) But if I did, it'd be like what I always do, quit 80% of the way through. So I may create some work goals for this 2010 but I've only got two more months to pull through here.

In keeping with last month's reorganization:

Big Goals:
15. write, shoot, edit 1 CCP review for YouTube
.
Found the script I started writing a few months back. Cleaned it up a bit and sent it on to Z for review. Next steps are to plan images to go with it, shoot it with Z one weekend and edit it together. I wish my hate of seeing myself on camera was less than the want to be decent on camera. (Does that even make sense?)


11. Design and do photoshoot.-
Nov:I think I could do this. It would have to be super simple and involve something like fabric flags.
Dec: There probably won't be a photoshoot.

13. Shoot a short.
Oh man. May have bitten off a little more than I can chew here. But you know what? Why the hell not. We're hoping to shoot this technically after the 29th year has begun, but I'd still call that a win. Who needs to be making fabric flowers RIGHT NOW?!? Me!


Medium- Little Goals:
21. Call/write my Grandmother once a month.
New Goal: write her twice more before Feb 19
San Fran stay: gather decent pics of the stay. Especially ones of Z and I, or just me.
Play
Dec: I'm going to do this as soon as I finish this post. :)

22. Thank You cards for birthday presents.
Nov: Have photo. Just have to do something with it.
Dec: Have photo. Just have to do something with it.

1. Pay $1500 in school loans-
1,000 down. 500 more to go!
I've paid off my credit card, paid off any debt to Z, and now I'm working off of cash. I'm literally leaving my credit card at home. It's going to be hard to get use to it...but I think in the long run it'll be really good for me.

24. (Nov change) Outline and write a treatment for a feature screenplay or web series.
Started outline for a web series. Starting something is so hard. I forget that about writing. I just feel like a dumb ass putting something down b/c I know it's so bad. But I KNOW that's what you have to do to MAKE it better. So yeah.

Also (also) as soon as I actually start working on anything like that, I lose all inspiration to work on it. I guess that means I don't have a writer's muscle yet. Another good reason to try and work it out a bit from time to time.

FINISHED:
17. Learn to cook 5 vegetarian (Thanks Emily :) entrees.- BAM!
1. Banana empanadas (totally forgot about these - thanks June!)
2. Sopes
3. Emily Garbonzo salad
4. corn chowder.
5.Cheese soup and crutons (hopefully this didn't make Arthur sick at Halloween :(


In Summary:
You know, I haven't gotten everything finished that I hoped, but none of it's so bad. I'm going to choose and feel good about what I've gotten finished. This list will also help me assess what will be important for year 29 of my life as well. I should also include things like, er, learn to be more positive and floss daily.

3 comments:

  1. Way to get done what you've gotten down. Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans, but hey, its not a bad thing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here for a poke poke poke of good natured ribbing... is corn chowder, and is cheese soup, VEGAN?! Yessssss.

    Unless we're talking soy cheese and hemp milk chowder. And hemp milk, actually, is pretty tasty.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh right! Haha! I meant to change that to vegetarian dishes. I also think I wanted everything to be an entree at one point too.Good catch!

    ReplyDelete