Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sit Stay

I'm a forward back person. I think there are two types of people. Present Moment people and Forward/Back people. PMs live in the moment. They probably aren't good about keeping in touch. They make you feel like you are the most important thing in their lives when you are standing in front of them but probably show up late to everything and you may not hear from them for 5 months if you happen to live in different cities. FB people dwell on the past and worry about the future. They try and keep in touch (even if they aren't very good at it.) And well my version of it means that it's really hard for me to enjoy a place for very long b/c I'm thinking about the next place.

These are just crack pot theories but I totally believe them.

So we are half way through our stay in San Francisco. Today George a good friend from growing up is driving out from Reno to spend the weekend. (Awesome!) We will do some touristy things and eat burritos. It's hard, though, for me to not think about the things I want to do when we get back to Oregon. Finish Halloween cards. Design invitations. Write a web series. Begin a play (<---gulp).

I have to really force my mind to be here now. And I've known this about myself long enough that I can locate the source of my anxiety and then (mostly) brain-whack it out of me. Rethink my plan and enjoy the city while I can.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what I thought my first night in San Fran. I just wanted it to be over so I could move on to the next thing. I made a conscious effort to enjoy every day I was there, but I eventually did it. The result: I miss San Francisco and plan on heading back as soon as I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete