Friday, October 16, 2009

Final Day- San Fran

Today we ventured out into Berkeley and I expected everything to look like Eugene only...hippier. It failed on that front. What it didn't fail on was having the UC Berkley campus and The Cheese Board. We ate dinner in what they call the Gourmet Ghetto. So yeah. More later (although not pictures b/c I, of course, didn't take any! Bad habits!)

The things that stuck out most to me about Berkeley were:
1. It felt like fall. At first I thought, "Why do I feel this here but not in San Fran?" Then I realized that leaves were changing colors in Berkeley and they're not in San Francisco. Strange, right?

2. Berkeley doesn't give a damn about pedestrians. Driving in San Fran kind of makes me want to pull over and cry, but that said, those same drivers do not hurry their pedestrians. Cars don't push into the cross walk if the little white man is up. They don't honk you to hurry. They let you walk when your sign says walk. Not so in Berkeley.

So that's the teeny tiny write up of that. There will be a full on synopsis when I get back. Tonight we are throwing the last bits and pieces into boxes, moving plants back across rooms and freaking the hell out of the two cats. Tomorrow we're aiming to be out of here by 8am. After a quick coffee stop, we are on the road. And then we will drive and drive and drive and drive. You can think of us at any time of the day...and we will be driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment