Thursday, October 22, 2009

Goals: 8 Month Review

So I did this as I usually do. And then I erased most of my comments on my own list and decided I needed to look at it from another perspective. I need to look at the list now as in not what I've done but what I need to do to get it done. B/c I'm almost 29. And I'd like to check some things off!

Just finish already!----------------------------------------------
6. Send 5 birthday cards- Friday Oct 23: Finish and send

15. write, shoot, edit 1 CCP review for YouTube. -Aug Hold
Friday: Find all notes and do a redraft. Make list of what need to find/photographs or otherwise. Shoot November 7th?

21. Call/write my Grandmother once a month.
Oct- Saw her in person. Should start November letter now.
Create list of topics to write about for the next few weeks.
November- San Fran stay: gather decent pics of the stay. Especially ones of Z and I, or just me.


22. Thank You cards for birthday presents.
Friday or Saturday take the picture, bring to kinkos or print off at office?

17. Learn to cook 5 vegan entrees.
Oct-
1. Banana empanadas (totally forgot about these - thanks June!)
2. Sopes
3. Emily Garbonzo salad
4. corn chowder.
5. ????

Weekend: Find another recipe in Veg Times. Try it out.

18. No bed piles.
Weekend (oct 23-25) : clean bed piles and night stand. Try and pick up every night for 5 minutes before go to bed.


Slow and Steady Wins the Race----------------------------------------------

1. Pay $1500 in school loans-
Oct- Friday Oct 23, make a budget. Figure this out again.

2. Create at least $500 cushion in bank account
Oct-See #1

3. Attain 2 octave singing scale
Figure out new singing goals. Not sure what this means yet. Also, figure out a singing practice schedule.

8. (changed Aug to wedding goals)SavetheDates, Invites, 2 installation projects, flags, fabric flowers:
Figure this out on other list. Take off here? This weekend (Oct 23-25 plan this out.)
Oct- Still haven't finished Save the Dates. Close. But close doesn't count.
Sept- Save the dates are half done. Theoretically finished by Oct 1. We. Shall. See.


FINISHED:----------------------------------------------
7. Send cards for one holiday-
Oct- *cough* Finished.


ON HIOLD----------------------------------------------
10. Learn Flash-aug hold



Not SURE the plan----------------------------------------------
11. Design and do photoshoot.-
Ideas:
- I'm starting to lean toward "weather ideas." (Oh I should insert links!) However maybe I should do something that involves flags (in that I will have about 800 of them.) A sea of flags? Have the water be flags and then make a cardboard boat?

12. Direct music video.-
Try and finish song with Paul and then shoot. But think about in terms of all inside shooting. Or as much inside shooting as possible.

13. Shoot a short.
Oct- Do the Paranoid one. It's cute. It's short. It requires a cop uniform.

14. Write, create, shoot, edit super short stop motion-
Oct- Finish this after the play is over. This will be finished in time for the wedding. Just throwing that out there.

24. (May 9th add) Write rough draft 1 of a feature screenplay.
Figure out a writing plan. This may not be a part of this year's goals or maybe a truncated part will be.

9. Get through 5 drafts of 3 shorts total (includes at least 3 people writing comments on each draft.)-
I need to pick 3 and focus on writing and rewriting them. Will probably be:
Your Paranoid short- mostly b/c this would be filmable
Zach's Taco Shack
+1?
Stories:
Phone Calls- Still rough drafting
Car Faith- Found draft an dam working.
Happy Birthday- rough Draft 1.
Cranes- Story board draft 1 complete.


5. Finish writing 1 song with accompaniment. (Guitar and/or piano)-
Oct- This has come full circle. I'm no longer sure I can rely on Paul to work with me on music. So I'm not totally sure what I should do here. Although I do have a polished cut he did. If I can make the music work with that I don't really require his help anymore. The cut isn't exactly what I want but it might be fine. Or I just learn how to play guitar and do an acoustic version! (Haha. Hahahahah!)


In Summary:
OK. I have my weekend planned. This is good. This is exactly what I need. And I will be able to break it down even more in the weekend again. Hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. I hope it's cool that I am now changing my name to Emily Garbonzo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We may have to switch it to Emily's Cumin Salad.

    ReplyDelete