Friday, October 2, 2009

Really?

I recently discovered that I have little to no eyelashes on the under eye. I always knew that mascara looked funny down there but thought nothing more of it. Mostly, it just means I get bugs in my eyes all the time while riding a bike. B/c you know what keeps bugs out of your eyes? Under eyelashes.

So imagine my joy when I discovered there is a prescription medication for people like me. And even better, has Brooke Shields (long time sufferer of short lashes?) as their spokesperson. "Latisse- the first and only FDA-approved prescription treatment for inadequate or not enough eyelashes, growing them longer, fuller and darker."

Well thank you Brooke Shields and the people of Latisse. I never knew it was something that I should change about myself. I'll add it to the list.

4 comments:

  1. How dare your eyelashes be inadequate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gramma used this for the original reason... something that had to do with macular degeneration... and we discovered that where her pale irish eyes and skin and wispy hair had meant NO lashes... she suddenly had them! And loved them, I must say. Despite the macular, she was very aware of her new plump lashes.

    But the side effect they mention? its real andit happened to her. IT CHANGED HER EYE COLOR. At 83, maybe a kick in the pants. But at 28? BOO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...now I feel a teeny tiny bit like an ass. I forget sometimes that these products also actually help people. Yes? Right.

    ReplyDelete