Monday, July 27, 2009

Z Vision

A friend recently reminded me of the term, "Sunday Blues." Maybe last night was just that. Sunday. Your week is about to begin.

But then I went on a jog (Oooo.K., a walk) with Z, and I talked to him about the goals list. The one that got me most frustrated was the $1500 toward school loans. And he's really excellent at pointing out what should be the obvious, but totally isn't until it's just stated. The conversation went like this:
"I feel like all my money should go to wedding stuff and I'm not sure about the money goals."
"Well what are they?"
"One is paying $1500 to loans."
"And you don't think you can do that."
"Well right now I pay $100 a month and that's great but I don't feel like I can do a whole lot more."
"Does the $100 a month count toward the $1500?"
"Yeah."
"Then you'll have $1200 by February. That's only $300 below your goal. You could use your Christmas bonus easily for this."
Suddenly the math made sense. "Or like $50 extra a few months."
"You can totally meet that one."

Today my Mom slapped down a chunk of change for when I house sat a few months back. Z pointed at it and said, "This could go to that $1500."

And wallah. I have no idea where I got this idea that I couldn't meet the $1500 goal. Because I can. Easily.

Sometimes he makes things so incredibly clear.

1 comment:

  1. Money, in this type of context astounds me. To achieve my money-related goals of debt paying off and a down payment on the kind of house I want to live in now, I need roughly $75,000.

    How that can be so much money as to be impossible.... and also a piddling little pathetic amount in the grand scheme of the planet, is overwhelming and amazing to me.

    So... I hear ya, is what I'm sayin.

    ReplyDelete