Monday, July 13, 2009

ENGLISH!

I spent tonight working on the newsletter. You can tell when these things are rushed. (OK so everything is rushed at our company.) But this was really rushed. The kind of rushed where usually bad grammar rots into seems-like-a-spam-robot-wrote-it. And you look at it and think, "What the hell am I suppose to do with this?" I haven't seen the video. It's not one of ours. And this is not something I can make English. At least not English with any sort of content.

And there in lies a major problem with our copy. Words in and of themselves hold no meaning. It's how you combine them that matter. It doesn't matter how many words are placed to a page if the words don't actually say anything then there is no reason for them to be there. We could put an artist's name followed by:
XOXOXOBunniesandslipperswho'sacatIlikepeachpie
Retail Price: $32.95 Sale Price $22.95 Sale ends July 14, 2009

I may try and take the newsletter over before my Mother retires. There may be a lot I'm taking over. But that is for another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment