Sunday, July 26, 2009

Goals (5 month review)

Wow. So next month it'll be six months. *sigh*

(Warning: typos abound.)

1. Pay $1500 in school loans-
July- Now I'm at the $500 mark. That said I'm basically staying on a budget and everything else is going into a wedding. OK, not true, but maybe should be true.
June- I think I'm at the $400 mark. Waaay behind schedule. This isn't going to happen. I'll get about $1000 tops. Should I cross it off completely or just keep admitting failure?

2. Create at least $500 cushion in bank account
July- I have like a whopping $1000 in my bank acct. But this is b/c Paypal charged me a bunch of money to pay Zach and so he declined the payment. I now owe him oooh, $1000 for rent and plane tickets.
June-It's not in my bank account but it's in checks I've written to myself. (They pull it out of the account and send you the check.) Although, I'm going to Portland this weekend and might cave and cash one.

3. Attain 2 octave singing scale
July- Being sick has decimated singing. I got over June's head cold from hell. Now I've got something else. Gah.
June-Singing is going reeeally well. Accept the current head cold from hell, I've been making a ton of progress. I love Jazz. I can't express this enough. Current songs:
Black Coffee
God Bless the Child
Angel Eyes
Just starting: After Your Gone

4. (I'm cutting this b/c it's been completed.) (Musical audition)

5. Finish writing 1 song with accompaniment. (Guitar and/or piano)-
July- Sent off a song to a local acquaintance. He's an actual musician. He replied and the next move is mine. Needs to set a bit. Hard to work on music when I can't sing.
june-Been working on this. Slow and steady. Getting close on a couple. Close doesn't actually mean close but I'm making progress on a couple. Maybe have found a way to get help.

6. Send 5 birthday cards- ON TIME
July- I'm done with this. Wait, Nikola. Hmmmm.....OK, so I'm almost done with this!
(May 9 change of goal.)
(June 24 change- 5 is enough. Cross the sucker off your list but still try and send people cards.)

7. Send cards for one holiday-
July- Take THAT Halloween. Today I unearthed (and I do mean unearthed) those suckers. Oct 1 I will start writing. Oct 20th I will send them on their merry ways. !!!
June-I've been trying to find the Halloween cards I started last year. They might be gone. This royally sucks b/c they were a lot of work. Also I really liked them. *sigh*

8. Pursue art/design/craft/collage: figure out specifics and how to gauge-
July- I say screw this. I don't know how to gauge.
June-Still unsure of what this means.

9. Get through 5 drafts of 3 shorts total (includes at least 3 people writing comments on each draft.)-
July- no progress anywhere.
June-(These names won't make sense to you probably but are for my records:)
Zach's Taco Shack- Draft 1 complete (3 people have viewed and commented) How can I design a set for this?
Phone Calls- Still rough drafting
Car Faith- Found draft an dam working.
Happy Birthday- rough Draft 1.
Cranes- Story board draft 1 complete.

June:
You're Paranoid short: had 3 people review. This would be filmable. We'd have to mock police lights and find a uniform.

10. Learn Flash
July- After maybe having the book for 3 months I finally returned it to the library. Flash learn'n is on hold.
June-I'm on chapter 8 or 18 or something. I should try and make like Tuesday after frisbee my Flash night.

11. Design and do photoshoot.-
July- This is a winter project.
June-Gathering ideas for this.

12. Direct music video.-
July- My test for the video I discussed below was a total fail. Not sure how to proceed. Or if I should proceed. Or really much of anything.
June-In May I think I decided that I was going to do a Flash animation music video for this but now I think I might try and do something from a song a man here in town wrote. I don't know how to categorize it. It's not pop. It's not folk.

13. Shoot a short.
July: Need to do something more than just write those first drafts.
June: Need to write those drafts first.
May: Need to write those drafts first.


14. Write, create, shoot, edit super short stop motion-
July- This weekend was suppose to be the weekend I did this. It's now been moved to August.
June-Working on this as much as time allows. I'm figuring out today which weekend I can pull aside and finish building and start shooting. This may not be done until August or September.

15. write, shoot, edit 1 CCP review for YouTube. -
July- no progress
June: Drafted a version. Need to redraft the words and begin building the set. Memorize as well I suppose.
May: I've got a quarter of this entire process finished. I watched the video and did artwork. This is on back burner until #16 is over.


16. (Officially finished )Edit CCP vid under craftcat brand.


17. Learn to cook 5 vegan entrees.
July-nada
Cooked two recipes last week. One was excellent. One was not excellent. I need to cook again but probably won't happen until next week.
May: Banana empanadas
June: nothing to add. I've not cooked in a looong time. Although I made some really excellent non vegan sopes recently. Delicious!

18. No bed piles.
July- the bed piles were removed today.
June-The bed piles are back.

19. Learn congressional committee chairs and cabinet members.
July- still trucking. Missing some of the cheat sheets but doing around 3 a week.
June-OK, so instead I'm changing this to read the Cheat Sheet from Daily Beast every day. It's not much, but it's something. Have I mentioned I hate politics?

20. (Removed from list in June)

21. Call/write my Grandmother once a month.
July- Dad sent her the proposal video. That should so count, right?
June- This is sort of verging on fail as well. *sigh*

22. Thank You cards for birthday presents.
July- GAH!!!
June-GAH!

23. (removed from list)

24. (May 9th add) Write rough draft 1 of a feature screenplay.
July: no progress
June: No progress.
May: I've got one in mind and have started outlining in my mind but nothing more than a story plot is committed yet to paper.

Normally this inspires me to get me moving and I can't decide whether this time it's inspiring or annoying. Really I think I need to reassess which of these I actually want to accomplish in the next 7 months and then create some sort of strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment