Monday, February 8, 2010

The Sting of Reality

Today I had some things explained to me. Scary things. Things about money and life and decisions. Sometimes life is the running as fast as you can toward a cliff and then at some point closing your eyes and hoping, praying that your body will do its best at this great leap. We take so many great leaps...and they often aren't the ones we think they are. Moving in with Z was not a great leap. Marrying Z isn't one either. I am gliding merrily with my eyes open and creased with smile lines. No leaping involved. Music, however, is one for me. Asking people to help me create something like a short film is one too. However, currently, I am standing at the sidelines watching my parents take a deep breath before they begin to build up speed. Sometimes living is scary. Money. Life. And decisions. Theirs make mine look so effortless. As if I am out for a summer stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment