Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sun

At some point last night the fog lifted. I don't know if it was when Z and I stepped in front of a friend's FCP class at the local college or later walking out of Taco Bell with comfort food. I don't know, but the thick anxiety that has been making house in my brain finally left for greener pastures. It threatened to return for a moment this morning but for the most part I have been free to battle the complexities of preparation w/o also having to battle myself.

And thank God because tomorrow I turn 29. The way I've stopped myself from feeling regret at New Years is to push all that self analysis until Feb 19th. This year I was hoping to push it even farther by filling every inch of my time with the digital short. Mission accomplished by half. Even with every minute filled, the anxiety had found room to hook and multiply.

But today it is gone and I have, more or less, the attitude I've adopted for the wedding: It will all be fine. It will all be fine. And I can't imagine a better way to welcome in year 29 than with friends, some paint, and an exciting challenge we will take on together through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment