Monday, September 21, 2009

Things Learned While Camping

(Not necessarily in order of importance)

1. I should wash everything when I get home. The nose acclimates to the smell of campfire, and campfire on clothing reeks. It's not woody elm smell. It's like you and 14 other smokers shared a bunker for the weekend.

2. I don't like Coors lite.

3. As much as you like the idea of powdered soy milk, it is actually going to be as bad as Zach tells you it is.

4. I don't like peeing in the woods. This may be in the TMI category, but I love being removed from people. I love waking up absurdly early due to sunlight and going to bed absurdly early due to sun set. I love so many things about trees and lakes. However, something in my body turns off when I know I have to go wander into the woods to use a bathroom. Fluids come in but they don't come out. Yep, I'm telling you more than you needed to know about my body. But seriously. It goes into lock down mode. Give me a pit toilet.

5. Water filtering things are cool!

6. Not having to worry about poison oak and mosquitoes makes any trip awesome. We totally hacked our way partially around a lake and besides almost biting it a couple times, I loved hacking through without abandon. Yay!

7. I'm self conscious about my greasy hair only the first day. Day two sans shower I don't care.

8. Holding weight on your back is easier when there is nothing in your hands.

9. The forest is not the type of place I like to take pictures. It isn't super conducive to macro photography.

10. I have nightmares even in the forest.

2 comments: