Monday, September 28, 2009

Brain Mush

We made it back to my parents' driveway by 3am this morning. I suggested Z sleep in. The allure of coffee got me up at 8. This was a mistake. I'm making arm/hand coordination problems on my computer. (THE COMPUTER!) Also that coffee? Awful. And I'm going to drink it anyway.

So hello! It's always strange how when you're gone for a few days it can feel like months. I look at everything in my parents' refrigerator and just assume it's been bad for weeks. No, Kelly, you were just here on Wednesday. Calm down.

There isn't a ton to say about SanFran. Or maybe there is. I wasn't excited for the 2 Week Stay (next week) for about 30 minutes while Z and I sat in the crowded CA terminal. But then a few hours later as we whizzed down the I-5 I was again ignited with how cool this opportunity is. We saw my cousin's apt and it's seriously awesome and in a seriously awesome neighborhood. There are two Noah's Bagels AND two papyrus card shops, both within walking distance. There is a PaperSource nearby. And an independent movie theater. Seriously? I know it's just what I love about Portland neighborhoods, but I don't live in Portland. This is a serious treat for me!

Also my cousin's cats are hilarious. One should be a persnickety cartoon in a children's book. She'd be drawn as a pair of eyes following you back and forth but her body would be invisible. Just these eyes and maybe a tail coming out of a rundown chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment