Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Goal Review (7 months!)

Holy mother of something. I'm on month 7. I'm practically through month 8! No more caffeine today, OK?

Here we go!

1. Pay $1500 in school loans-
Sept- Still on schedule...yet behind on wedding savings. Oh yay! Something new to try and save for! (No more BUYING caffeine in $5 cups of awesome! Except for tomorrow morning when you're getting to a max airport station at 5:45 AM <---really AM!) 2. Create at least $500 cushion in bank account
Sept- I read somewhere that using your credit card is safer from an identity theft standpoint. That said, it is LESS SAFE from a I-spend-way-too-much and (breath) a credit-card-makes-me-feel-invincible.
Aug- I am not on schedule but I'm now putting at least $200 away into a savings account. It's safer that way. I have access when I need it but I won't get week in a Michaels and lose the cushion.


3. Attain 2 octave singing scale
Sept- I am missing 4 out of 5 lessons right now due to a little thing I like to call San Francisco. That said, I sang on the way to the gym this afternoon and felt a new found joy. Must remember I love singing. Must over come the fear of singing with the new neighbors below us.
Aug- I'm finally back to full voice capacity. I'm taking off singing goals. I have enough others. This seems ill defined and arbitrary. (Just started learning New York state of Mind last week. I like it.)


4. (I'm cutting this b/c it's been completed.) (Musical audition)

5. Finish writing 1 song with accompaniment. (Guitar and/or piano)-
Sept-Sent Paul another sad song about death and dying. He's apparently on a hiatus from our little project. That's ok. I, however, must keep on it.
Aug- Huge strides here. Wrote a third song ("ALoveSong") but have heard nothing back from Paul on it. I guess that means he's not as excited as the last one. Paul and I worked on "Your Everything" and we have a track layed down. Now it's back in my court to perfect vocals and figure out a (G*damn) bridge. I will work on this while I'm driving all over the valley this week. Score!
July- Sent off a song to a local acquaintance. He's an actual musician. He replied and the next move is mine. Needs to set a bit. Hard to work on music when I can't sing.
june-Been working on this. Slow and steady. Getting close on a couple. Close doesn't actually mean close but I'm making progress on a couple. Maybe have found a way to get help.

6. Send 5 birthday cards- ON TIME
Sept- Oh Nikola (hello!) and Emily (hello!) your births hit at a low point in my birthday card abilities. I've made you both one...but they sit inside my studio slightly unfinished and not ringing the right ring to send.
Aug- I totally failed with Nikola's card. Oh I made one...but it was ugly. So it didn't get sent. Still plan on making her one. Emily too. (Hello Emily!)
July- I'm done with this. Wait, Nikola. Hmmmm.....OK, so I'm almost done with this!
(May 9 change of goal.)
(June 24 change- 5 is enough. Cross the sucker off your list but still try and send people cards.)

7. Send cards for one holiday-
Sept- I'm kind of tingling with excitement to NAIL THIS ONE! (I start writing Oct 1!!)
Aug- I'm soooo excited about Halloween cards. I can start working on them in September!!!
July- Take THAT Halloween. Today I unearthed (and I do mean unearthed) those suckers. Oct 1 I will start writing. Oct 20th I will send them on their merry ways. !!!
June-I've been trying to find the Halloween cards I started last year. They might be gone. This royally sucks b/c they were a lot of work. Also I really liked them. *sigh*

8. (changed Aug to wedding goals)SavetheDates, Invites, 2 installation projects, flags, fabric flowers:
Sept- Save the dates are half done. Theoretically finished by Oct 1. We. Shall. See.


9. Get through 5 drafts of 3 shorts total (includes at least 3 people writing comments on each draft.)-
Sept- No progress...but now I have a web series I want to write.
Aug- No progress
July- no progress anywhere.
June-(These names won't make sense to you probably but are for my records:)
Zach's Taco Shack- Draft 1 complete (3 people have viewed and commented) How can I design a set for this?
Phone Calls- Still rough drafting
Car Faith- Found draft an dam working.
Happy Birthday- rough Draft 1.
Cranes- Story board draft 1 complete.
June:
You're Paranoid short: had 3 people review. This would be filmable. We'd have to mock police lights and find a uniform.

10. Learn Flash-aug hold

11. Design and do photoshoot.-
Sept- I'm starting to lean toward "weather ideas." (Oh I should insert links!) However maybe I should do something that involves flags (in that I will have about 800 of them.) A sea of flags? Have the water be flags and then make a cardboard boat?
July- This is a winter project.
June-Gathering ideas for this.

12. Direct music video.-
Sept- no progress
Aug- I have an idea I'm really excited about for "Your Everything" but it's an outside idea. Maybe I need to switch it to an inside one and plan for winter.
July- My test for the video I discussed below was a total fail. Not sure how to proceed. Or if I should proceed. Or really much of anything.
June-In May I think I decided that I was going to do a Flash animation music video for this but now I think I might try and do something from a song a man here in town wrote. I don't know how to categorize it. It's not pop. It's not folk.

13. Shoot a short.
Sept- Hmmm.....
Aug- I may cut this. I should try and do this OR the music video. I should probably try and do this in that the music video is suuuper complex. BUT I did come up with a super short short idea and it's filmable inside. It needs music. It's very heavily dependent on music.
July: Need to do something more than just write those first drafts.
June: Need to write those drafts first.
May: Need to write those drafts first.


14. Write, create, shoot, edit super short stop motion-
Sept- no progress but still feeling good. I will get this finished...I'm just not sure when.
Aug- Take THAT number 14!!! Building and shooting complete! Rough draft edit COMPLETE! Need to figure out a plan for all the sound effects I'll need. (!!!)
July- This weekend was suppose to be the weekend I did this. It's now been moved to August.
June-Working on this as much as time allows. I'm figuring out today which weekend I can pull aside and finish building and start shooting. This may not be done until August or September.

15. write, shoot, edit 1 CCP review for YouTube. -Aug Hold
(June: Drafted a version. Need to redraft the words and begin building the set. Memorize as well I suppose.
May: I've got a quarter of this entire process finished. I watched the video and did artwork. This is on back burner until #16 is over.)


16. (Officially finished )Edit CCP vid under craftcat brand.


17. Learn to cook 5 vegan entrees.
Sept- Thank you Emily! I successfully tried the Garbonzo Bean Cumin salad. Ate some for lunch. Deeelicious!
Aug- hold!
July-nada
Cooked two recipes last week. One was excellent. One was not excellent. I need to cook again but probably won't happen until next week.
May: Banana empanadas
June: nothing to add. I've not cooked in a looong time. Although I made some really excellent non vegan sopes recently. Delicious!

18. No bed piles.
Sept- Fail fail fail.
Aug- *cough*
July- the bed piles were removed today.
June-The bed piles are back.

19. Officially removed in Aug (political reading crap)


20. (Removed from list in June)

21. Call/write my Grandmother once a month.
Sept- I'll be seeing her and handing her the DVD I made of pictures from our NYC trip.
Aug- Big time fail.
July- Dad sent her the proposal video. That should so count, right?
June- This is sort of verging on fail as well. *sigh*

22. Thank You cards for birthday presents.
Sept- GAAAAAHHHH!
Aug- GAH!!!!
July- GAH!!!
June-GAH!

23. (removed from list)

24. (May 9th add) Write rough draft 1 of a feature screenplay.
Sept- Working on this in my brain (with some writing down.)
Aug- no progress, but maybe I'll work on this this weekend.
July: no progress
June: No progress.
May: I've got one in mind and have started outlining in my mind but nothing more than a story plot is committed yet to paper.

In Summary:
I'm not making a lot of progress on these but I think I can blame in part adding wedding stuff. My wrists tell me it's b/c I've been doing serious wedding stuff. And this isn't me complaining, I'm having a BLAST with the cutting and gluing and stamping! I'm just not writing a whole lot.

Also I kind of want to add "Learn French" to the list. Have I mentioned I start play rehearsals in late October? Yeah.

1 comment: