Friday, September 25, 2009

Hello From San Fran

Z and I are down here for my cousin J (girl)'s wedding. I can't tell if I'm exhausted this morning from all the walking yesterday in bad shoes or because we got up at 4:40 yesterday morning to catch our flight. Either way I'm slow to wake up but will be totally excited for the free roof garden walking tour Z found for us at 10.

(There is a language outside my door I've never heard before. If I wasn't half dressed I'd rush out and investigate. Cool!)

When traveling I face two main inner obstacles: general travel exhaustion and laziness. I'm never quite sure where my decision making falls on that line. One thing I love about Z is that he's just ready for anything when traveling. I tire out a little more quickly and for example while I think it's good I slept in this morning, he's off trying to find delicious bread for us...and I kind of wish I was part of the adventure.

Add family and my laziness (mixed with a nice blend of family aversion) goes waaaay up. Last night after first open wine drinking (I did not drink) and trekking through the city for my parents' first try at Indian food, I just wanted to come home and curl up in an isolation holding cell. Today I have to make it through a wedding and a reception, which other than the family dynamics, I'm reeeeally excited for.

But maybe here's the lesson: tomorrow I'll get up early and tag along on whatever adventure Z is inclined to take.

4 comments:

  1. I love San Francisco! Have fun. Next time I go down, Zach's gotta tell me about this roof garden tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have time, you two must try to get to the Museum Mechanique. It's moved since I lived there, but ask around. You'll love it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I'll add it to the list! We're going back in less than a week and will be staying for 2. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete