Monday, November 30, 2009

Final two weeks

Tickets went on sale tonight. More are already gone than I thought. I think that's good. I don't know what I think. Mostly I think I'm sitting really close to some people in Section 3 and that we keep our backs turned way too much to that same section. Mostly I try not to think about those things. Mostly I fail.

I don't know what it was tonight in rehearsal, maybe the fact that one of our actresses added a new accent for the first time or maybe it was because our light guy came in and played around us, but something felt different. There was a sizzle at moments that I hadn't felt yet. There was an, "aaah. There she is" here and there. I don't know what it is yet. B/c we were certainly skipping whole sections of things but yeah, just...something.

I needed that something. I'm still lost in the untethered space. Unsure if this is a good play or a mediocre one. Unsure if I am believable in the slightest. I think the show has it's moments. Some of the actresses really are outstanding and have given some outstanding performances these past weeks of rehearsal. But I still don't know if all of it wrapped together makes a very intriguing story. However, like with seating, I'm done worrying about that. My allegiance lies with 10 women. The 5 on the stage with me and the 5 I've been chosen to play. That is where my energy must focus for these remaining two weeks and then the 8 performances. There and only there.

And tonight, whatever that was we got the glimmer of, I want more of that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment