Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Chicken in a Road

I've never been an anti meat vegetarian. I don't make snide comments. I don't get grossed out by chicken on fine display. I have my opinions and I keep them mostly quiet unless brought out by thoughtful conversation. And I've been totally fine with the fact that my parents are slowly heading back into meat. They have the occasional tuna salad sandwich. They eat the luncheon meats we get for visiting artists. My dad can enjoy a salmon or steak at a restaurant. BUT. I was dumbfounded (DUMBFOUNDED) by the giant tub of Kentucky Fried Chicken that greeted me upon opening my parents' refrigerator this morning. Kentucky Fried Chicken? Really?

Speechless.

(But not so speechless that I can't confess that the fries I had with my veggie burger meal at Burger King last night were delicious!)

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I am dumbfounded that anyone eats any of that kind of food: taco bell, mt. dew, KFC . . . totally offended the blogger and my friend Morgan. But nope, I'm not perfect. I LOVE sausage mcmuffins and the biscuits and mash potatoes from KFC, I also have a soft spot for whoppers. But your parents and a bucket of KFC? Insane.

    ReplyDelete