Saturday, March 23, 2013

32 Days In

 There are only 52 weeks in a year and so for some reason saying I only have 40-some weeks left is terrifying. Yet if I tell myself I am only 32 days in, it feels like there is more time to catch up

A few giant work things are now over, and life has calmed down enough to still be a frustrating schedule but manageable. I'm sleeping more. Actually I'm rearranging habits so that sleep is a priority. I still eat like a crazy person but the sleeping is making waking up and exercising a reality in a way that it just wasn't before. 

I like it. 

Goals:

 
1. Photoshop (Lynda.com class) NA
2. Illustrator (Lynda.com class) 13% through
 
3. After Effects (Lynda.com class) NA

4. Painting 365 Faces: At 32 days in I've drawn 31. That feels really good, and it is surprisingly harder to do than I thought.
 
5. Read 8 books
I'm currently rereading: Art and Fear. It is still amazing.

 

6. 50 Wedding Blog Posts
NA.

I'm confused about how to approach this goal in that it relates kind of to work. I've done nothing. HOWEVER I have designed a kick ass invitation that is wedding themed so I feel good about that. This week: Create a content calendar and creation deadlines
 

7. Fabric Flowers
NA

8. 25 Illustrator Patterns
NA mostly, but this week: Design a damask

My illustrator lynda.com class has taught me a few pattern tricks that have made USING pattern a ton easier. I got to use the new skills immediately for auction signage and for an open house invite I designed for work.
9. Photography
I did take some decent photographs at my sister's baby shower. Not great, but OK.

This week: NA

10. Stress
I have exercised six days in a row and gotten close to 8+ hours of sleep each of those nights.

 
11. Living Space This week: NA
 

12. Clothing
Spring is starting, and so I've begun casually looking for shirts that are work appropriate and also comfortable in heat.


13. Writing
I've written 2,000+ words on a crappy short story. My goal is to finish said short story.

Other: - I am still up to date with my online art class. - Baby shower decorations were a success. I feel really good about that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment