Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vintage

I found this journal entry from Dec 26, 1998.

Now, if I was the person I wanted to be, who would I be?  I would be about 140 pounds, but athletic.  I’d be very friendly and warm, but would be a bit reserved until I knew a person and then truly open up.  I would be well read, able to speak poetical lines.  I’d dress stylishly and daringly.  I would be able to converse in Spanish, French and German.  Be able to play the piano (or at least a bit), the guitar and sing.  I’d be organized and reliable.  I’d be vegan, live my beliefs to the best of my ability.  Write daily and be able to juggle.  I’d be able to drive a stick, remember names, and drink tea.  I would watch less than a half an hour of television a day, but go to movies occasionally.  I’d make an effort to meet new people, help all people and and run no more red lights.

HAHAHAHAH! But really I'm laughing because more than 2/3rds of those things are STILL on my list. 

2 comments:

  1. hey there half glass empty...wait...glass half empty! You're A LOT of those things!

    friendly,warm, bit reserved, truly open up, well read, play guitar and sing, organized (in some things, but so is everyone else), reliable, you live your beliefs to the best of your ability, you know how to drive a stick, write daily, drink coffee (tea will come later, add milk and sugar!) and ok, the TV thing is way off. To me, it sounds like you've only got 1/3 to go!
    It's all about how we see ourselves vs. how others see you...It's difficult. I battle that daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well yes half full! It's more like even though I do some of those things (and thank you for thinking I live by my beliefs to the best of my ability :) I still want to do them better. It makes me realize that the things we want, even when we work toward them, we never really feel like we get them. OK, so if I hit 140 (stifle laughter!) then it's a number but even though I most definitely play guitar better now than when I was 18, I still don't feel like I really play it. So I'm on a path. I'm cool with that.

    ReplyDelete