Saturday, January 23, 2010

Math is Hard

I always forget how absolutely exhausting filming is. There's always another shot. Another set up. Put this up. Take that down. A never ending stream of watching the sun shift up and then down and you're on a race against it.

So what I thought would be two hours, morphed into, well, 9. We had lunch. There was some printing trouble at the beginning of the day to rile us all up right away. We saw the Albany Fire bring out the Albany fire speed boat and search the river for a lost dog. No really. Jazzy. And now we're back and I am logging lessons learned and will begin on flowers perhaps in the morning.

Lessons Learned:
-Don't use pngs when working with InDesign. It fucks w/ the printer and makes your boyfriend angry. (And rightly so.)
-Maybe don't use InDesign at all.
-Print all necessary storyboards days prior.
-Give actors an action where their emotion changes. For example, "You become sad about the dog when your paintbrush hits the paper." I need to go back through my storyboards and come up with those action/emotional ties.
-Give them a starting action that begins before what you plan to use in editing. That way they aren't just starting at the beginning of the scene. Give them a little chunk to get into it. Same for the end of a scene.
-big coats obscure all costume changes so yeah.

That's it for now. I'm sure as I'm editing together the test I'll learn a lot more.

Now time to over decaffeinate and try and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment