Saturday, May 9, 2009

Goal Review (2.5 month)

It's that time again. And actually was a few weeks ago but dropped the ball. Or I was traveling. I don't really know. But its a Saturday and I'm avoiding working on #16 so this will be good inspiration to get me motivated.


1. Pay $1500 in school loans-
Thus far fail. Fail fail.

2. Create at least $500 cushion in bank account
I am working on this. I've paid off NYC. I'm up to date on all my bills. Those credits cards have a positive balance (seriously how do I get that back?) I''m putting money away into my IRA every month. This other type of savings involves a major shift in my thinking so it's a gradual process.

3. Attain 2 octave singing scale
I need to get motivated about singing again. I have been very lax here even though I know I'm close to a break through. The problem is I feel self conscious singing at home. I'm worried I'm annoying the neighbors. This creates a major (major) block.

4. (I'm cutting this b/c it's been completed.)

5. Finish writing 1 song with accompaniment. (Guitar and/or piano)-
Haven't even given it a second though

6. Send 5 birthday cards- ON TIME
I did this...if I count a little wiggle room. So I'm changing it to 10. (May 9 change of goal.)

7. Send cards for one holiday-
Eh. This will be Halloween or something summery.

8. Pursue art/design/craft/collage: figure out specifics and how to gauge-
Still not sure what this means. Need to create a plan. I've sure been doing crafty stuff of late I've just been terrible about posting about it.

9. Get through 5 drafts of 3 shorts total (includes at least 3 people writing comments on each draft.)-
(These names won't make sense to you probably but are for my records:)
Zach's Taco Shack- Draft 1 complete (3 people have viewed and commented)
Phone Calls- Still rough drafting
Car Faith- Lost my rough draft. No idea which notebook it's in.
Happy Birthday- rough Draft 1.
Cranes- Story board draft 1 complete.

10. Learn Flash
Got the book again. Need to add this back into my plans.

11. Design and do photoshoot.-
Gathering ideas for this.

12. Direct music video.-
No progress. That's fine. Actually what I'm going to do I think is do a Flash music video for a commercial artist. Ideally I'd do it for someone who would actually, you know, give me the rights to use their music but this will do for now. I'm OK with it. Plus it's a good tie in with learn Flash.

13. Shoot a short.
Need to write those drafts first.


14. Write, create, shoot, edit super short stop motion- Barney is half built and waiting on my shelf. Have a ton to do to prep for this but it's where it needs to be on the back burner until #16 is the hell out of the way.

15. write, shoot, edit 1 CCP review for YouTube. - I've got a quarter of this entire process finished. I watched the video and did artwork. This is on back burner until #16 is over.

16. Edit CCP vid under craftcat brand. I'm working on it. This could be finished this coming week. Oh dear Christ that would be nice. I'm sooooooo close!

17. Learn to cook 5 vegan entrees.
Cooked two recipes last week. One was excellent. One was not excellent. I need to cook again but probably won't happen until next week.

18. No bed piles.
The bed piles are back. Need to do this tonight. I'm having some issues with my closet but that's not for a public entry.

19. Learn congressional committee chairs and cabinet members.
OK, so instead I'm changing this to read the Cheat Sheet from Daily Beast every day. It's not much, but it's something. Have I mentioned I hate politics?

20. Take on an entrepreneurial project.
Hahahaha. I failed her. Such a fail.

21. Call/write my Grandmother once a month.
This is sort of verging on fail as well. *sigh*

22. Thank You cards for birthday presents. - GAH!

23. 200 lines of calligraphy a day (this isn't much considering a lowercase "a" has 3.) (*added March 5)
(I'm officially taking this off the list :)

24. (May 9th add) Write rough draft 1 of a feature screenplay.
I've got one in mind and have started outlining in my mind but nothing more than a story plot is committed yet to paper.

OK! This is actually totally inspiring! I'm ready to finish my art instruction video project. Today I'm doing DVD menu art and switching some stuff in the main time line. The main barrier at this point is writing the stupid copy for the voice over and back of the box. It's sooo hard!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! So what was #4 that you completed? When I come visit, I wouldn't mind helping you prep things for Barney =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!!! We can make his house and yard!! Little cardboard flowers in little cardboard flower boxes!

    I think #4 was audition for a musical.

    ReplyDelete