Tuesday, July 31, 2012

August 2012 Goals

I love arbitrary dates, and this means that each and every month on the first, I feel like life is opening up to me as much as it does on a January 1st.  So here we go. I'm allowing myself 10, which statistically is 9 too many to really stick with something, but alas. Goals.



1. Cook once a week.
This can be big. This can be small. Cooking makes me feel connected to my own mind in a way that other activities don't. It makes me a feel a part of my own life.

2. Sunday Hour Prep.
Use Sunday evenings to plan out my work hours for the week. When approaching the week, try and do the work designated for that time. This should include my two official jobs and my volunteer work.

3. Newsletters
Have work newsletters go out on their designated Tuesdays and Thursdays.

4. Clean cat box twice a day.
I don't want to, but I think it makes the cat's life better, and because we've forced him to be a house cat, it's the responsible cat owner thing to do.

5. Anniversary Gift
Work daily on Zach's gift until August 14th.

6. Clean Studio
Get the studio back to a clean version, and start round four of The Great Throw Away. (This includes establishing which art goals I have for the next couple of months, #9)


7. Exercise 
Four times a week.

8. Diet Soda
One a day. (So far I'm doing pretty damn well with this.)

9. Art Goals
I have a lot of types of projects I do. I want to think about how much time I truly want to allocate to which activities. This is a general, ongoing goal.

10. I only got to 9. I'm sure an additional one will pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment