Thursday, July 7, 2011

Goals 2011/2012 Month 1 (of 9)

Goals 2011/2012

Month one down and eight to go. I walked into this entry thinking I'd done a sucky job this past month, but actually I feel good about what I did accomplish and confident that I can get back on track with what I didn't. We should keep lists not to punish ourselves but help us keep direction in a chaotic landscape.


Financial:
1. Save $4,000.
June: I currently have $2,000. Need $225 a month needs to go into savings.
July: About $3,000 so that's a solid start. I can feel myself REALLY wanting to buy things. Just say no!

Work:
2. Establish clear job description (TBD) and become more work focused at work.
   July: Working really hard on this. I have some descriptions but then I keep getting more added. Which impacts #3 here.
3. Establish some sort of work/life.
   I do not have a life right now. Officially. But I might get drunk in the office tomorrow when I'm working after hours and a bunch of my friends are dancing, so that's sort of like work/life balance, right? Also, I have been working over full time for about a month now but only getting paid for 4/5ths time. Next pay cycle I will probably go back to full time. In some ways it makes me really sad because I like the wiggle room. But at present, I'm not actually using it the right way. I suppose this will help Goal #1 a lot. (As long as I stay out of clothing stores, books stores, and craft stores.)

Video/Film:
4. Finish rough draft of feature length script.
    July: I got distracted. Need to start on this again. Was making progress.
Finish editing shorts: (You'll notice a theme. Music kills me.)
5. Love Story: FINISHED FINISHED FINISHED!
6. Name Game: Needs music.
   July-NA
7. Plein Air: Needs tighter edit and music.
   July-NA


Graphic Design/Art: 
8. Work through an Illustrator book
   July-NA
9. Work through a Photoshop book.
   July-NA
10. Establish an arbitrary poster project (at least 5 pieces based on a theme) using what I learned from the books.
   July-NA
11. Insert vague visual goal here. Just a reminder to keep playing and trying to find a path I want to go down. (It's weird to have a desire to do something but not really have a clear goal of WHAT.)
   July-NA
12. Do one installation-like project. This summer: The Card Game.
    (Steps to take: design stencil in Illustrator, cut stencil, get material and being the massive amount of spray painting. Play cards.)
   July- I've collected the material and design the outside. Now I just need to design the individual card insides.

No comments:

Post a Comment